Fun in the kitchen is what this dish is all about. The oranges can be substituted with different fruits such as dragon fruit or blood orange, so you can take advantage of the seasons.
Fire it up!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all the ingredients vigorously until the crepe batter is completely smooth; allow it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before making into crepes.
- Melt a little butter in a crepe pan or large skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan and swirl until the bottom of the pan is covered with batter, about a 3-4 inch circle.
- Cook the crepe for 1 minute, flip and cook until the crepe is slightly crisp. Continue making crepes until all of the batter has been used.
Orange Curd Ingredients
- Zest of One Orange
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Orange Juice (freshly squeezed after zesting the orange)
- 2 large Eggs
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces.
- Zest orange – then juice
- Using your fingers, rub the orange zest into the sugar. This will tint the sugar orange and release the oil from the zest into the sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, add the orange zest and white sugar.
- Add the orange juice, eggs and butter.
- Constantly whisk over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Curd should thickly coat the back of spoon when done.
- Cover and cool in the fridge.
Orange yogurt Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Mix yogurt, honey and orange juice together. Set aside for plating
- 2 large orange, supremed into segments or one small can of mandarin orange segments packed in juice and drained
- 4 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- When ready to serve, evenly divide the orange yogurt around the edges of four bowls.
- Place a crepe in the bottom of each bowl, add a dollop of orange curd on the crepe and a few orange segments.
- Top with another crepe, a dollop of orange curd and a few orange slices.
- Top with another crepe, orange curd and any remaining orange slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint.
*You might notice that the crepes I’ve used in the picture are drizzled with melted white chocolate. If you want to do this, just melt 3 tbsps of white chocolate and drizzle over the cooled crepes.