This will take a little bit of time to get all of the ingredients julienned (cut into match stick like pieces) and approximately the same size but it will be well worth it!
- ½ c carrot, peeled, julienned
- ½ c daikon radish, peeled, julienned
- ½ c snow peas, trimmed and strings removed, julienned
- ½ c Pickled red onions* recipe below or you may purchase these, dried well
- ½ c bok choy, julienned
- ½ c Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 c orange juice
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 2 oz sugar
Combine all pickled onion ingredients in a sauce pan and bring just to a simmer over medium heat and remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature (about an hour). Drain well and pat dry prior to using.
- ½ c Mayo
- 3tsp Wasabi paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly
28 pc assorted colored and flavored soy wrappers (available at some Asian markets and online retailers).
1. Lay 4 soy wrappers on counter top and evenly divide carrots into each. Roll as tight as you can leaving about ½ inch exposed. Put a dab of wasabi mayo at end and use it to seal the roll.
2. Lay 4 more soy wrappers on the counter and fill with daikon radish and roll as above. Continue with 4 more wrappers for each ingredient.
3. You should now have 4 rolls of each of the vegetables (or 24 in total).
4. Place the remaining 4 wrappers on the counter. Take one of each of the vegetable rolls and place them on a wrapper and roll tightly leaving ½ inch exposed. Spread 1 tbsp of wasabi mayo along the edge of the wrap and seal. Continue with remaining wrappers until you’ve used all of the vegetable rolls.
5. Slice each roll into 8 pieces and serve
Fire it up!