Shishito is a pepper that un my opinion is underutilized. I love the sweet and spicy flavors that this pepper offers. Here is a great little dish that has a balance of heat and just enough sweet.
Easy. Simple. Done.
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1 scallion , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aged Spanish sherry vinegar
- 20ea Shishito peppers, lightly grilled
- 3 ounces, soft goat cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Whisk shallots, scallion and vinegar in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slice open the top of each pepper to create a pocket.
- Spoon cheese into peppers, dividing it equally among them.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Cook peppers, flipping once, until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds each side.
- Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and thyme
- Drizzle sauce over peppers and serve.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce and ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the honey and mustard.