This light and wonderful dish can be served hot or cold. All the components lend themselves to a great side or meal.
East. Simple. Done.
Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower – Vegan & Gluten-Free
Serves 8 as a side or 4 as dinner
- 2 c dry quinoa (cooked in vegetable stock according to package directions- set aside)
- 1 cup packed arugula
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- roasted cauliflower – see below
- herb finishing sauce – see below
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 10 cups florets)
- ½ c olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
1. Toss the cauliflower florets in a bowl with the oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes at 425° degrees. Cauliflower will be browned in spots.
Herb Finishing Sauce
- 1c vegetable stock
- 1c fresh basil leaves
- 16 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 c olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until well combined.
2. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
When ready to serve, combine arugula, cranberries, almonds and roasted cauliflower in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté together for 2-3 minutes, add in 1 cup Herb Finishing Sauce and saute 1-2 minutes, until warm.
Plate quinoa in center of plate and divide cauliflower mixture around. Drizzle with any remaining sauce if needed.
Fire it up!