Recently seen CBS and PIX11
CBS-TV News called the burgers at Chef Eric’s Morris Tap and Grill among the Top 5 in New Jersey.
If you can’t visit either location, you can still enjoy some of his favorite burger varieties at home:
Makes 12 sliders
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- ¼ c seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ c finely diced onion
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ c chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 12 slider sized buns – toasted
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 12 slider sized patties.
- Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 165°.
- 1 lb. freshly ground chicken
- 1 tbsp. fresh, chopped dill
- 3 chives, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- ½ tsp paprika or chili powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 hamburger buns – toasted
- Place the ground chicken in a bowl and add all the ingredients except the coconut oil.
- Mix with your hands until just combined
- Mold the mixture into 4 patties and set them on wax paper.
- Heat a fry pan to medium-high and add the oil. Place as many patties in the pan as can fit comfortably
- Cook on one side for 6 minutes and cook on the second side for 4-5 minutes to an internal temperature of 165°.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. minced yellow onion
- 1lb. ground lamb
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. each finely chopped parsley, mint, and dill
- 1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 leaves baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 8 black olives in oil, drained, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in an 8″ skillet over high heat. Add onions; cook until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer onions to a plate; let cool. In a bowl, mix onions, lamb, mustard, herbs, spices, garlic, scallions, and salt and pepper. Form meat into 4 patties; set aside.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high
- Grill burgers, flipping once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium rare or to an internal temperature of 155°. In a small bowl, combine feta, arugula, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes; toss with the remaining oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate with olive mixture on top of the burger.
Fire it up!